Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week Eight: Shoulder Girdle

This week we began to work on the shoulder blades. We started off on Monday by working on the shoulder girdle which includes: the Teres Minor, the Infraspinatus, the Supraspinatus, and the Teres Major. We sat through lecture for the first half of class, then drew the last half of class. We were told to put everything together, adding the should blades and collar bone last. At first we started off with 30 second poses, which was kinda frustrating. I found a little difficult at first to include everything we have learned so far into my drawing in just 30 seconds. However, as class progressed I drew faster and was able to finish my drawings.
Wednesday we continued to concentrate on the shoulder blades. Wednesday was helpful because we were able to an hour long pose. This helped me focus on the shoulders and the collar bones. It was helpful also because Amy was able to walk around and help us work on getting everything just right. I did a coulpe things wrong, but overall my drawing was pretty accurate.
The image to the right is one that I found on a professional artist's Life drawing Blog. I though the image was particularly interesting because of the side-by-side comparison.  The drawing on the right shows the skeletal structure of the woman, including her shoulder blades. I thought this image was a good example of what the should blades are doing when the arms are held behind the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment