Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week Nine: Muscles of the Arm

This week we continued to work on the muscles of the back and the clavicle. However, we also added the muscles that make up the armpit, along with a couple muscles on the arm. During Monday's class we took a break from drawing and worked with clay the whole class period. These were the muscles that made up the back and clavicles. I enjoyed working with the clay. It always helps me understand the way the muscles are positioned and what their purpose is.
Wednesday we drew the entire two hours of class. We started by doing several gesture poses, putting everything we've learned so far together. I mentioned in my last post that drawing all the things we've learned was a little difficult for me to do in 30 seconds. However, this week it was a lot easier. I was able to include all everything in almost every one of my drawings.
After completing many 30 second, 1 minute, 2 minute, and 3 minute gesture drawings, we then continued to do an hour long drawing. The drawing below is my finished drawing. I was pretty pleased with how mine turned out. We were told to include the muscles that made up the armpit. The view at which I drew my drawing, gave me a very good idea of exactly what those muscles were doing. I was able to see them clearly enough to include them in my drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment