Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week Eleven: Hands

This week we worked on the hands. Monday, we began drawing right away and completed several gesture drawings, once again, focusing on drawing the entire form in only a short segment. I am getting a lot better at this task. In almost every one of my gestures I was able to draw the whole body. Its getting a lot easier to complete the form in only 30 seconds or so.
Wednesday we had a lecture on the bones of the hands. We were also assigned the muscles of the hand to complete on our manikins by Friday. On Wednesday, we had several different drawing stations set up around the room. In one area, our model posed her hands for students to draw, in two other areas, skeletal hands were staged on black sheets for students to also draw. We were instructed complete both an hour drawing of the model's hand, and an hour drawing of the skeletal hand. I decided to draw the skeleton's hand on Wednesday.

On Friday I drew from the model's hand. It was helpful because we had two models that day so I had good hand positions to choose from. It was difficult at first to draw the hand.  I think this is because it is such a small area with so much detail; it's easy to get lost. However, as I continued to draw it came easier to me. I did two different poses. To the left are pictures of my skeletal drawing and the drawing of the model's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment