Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week Twelve: Skull/nose/eyes

This week was a short week. Monday we had no class because of Spring Holiday. Wednesday we started lessons on drawing the nose. Amy only did a short lecture of drawing the planes of the nose in order to give us more time to draw. We were told to pair up and take turns drawing each other's noses. Each of us had to complete a 20 minute drawing. It was a little difficult because there are actually a lot of planes involved in drawing the nose. However, I feel I understood the nose by the time I finished my drawing.
After completing our drawings of the nose, Amy did another short lecture on drawing the eyes. By the tip she finished explaining the eyes, we only had enough time left in class for one person to complete a drawing. So, I wasn't able to draw my partner's eyes.
The week before we spent a whole class period drawing the skull. To the right is a drawing from the previous week of the profile of the skull. I actually really enjoyed drawing the skull. We got a lot of class time to complete it, so I took my time, got a few pointers from Amy, and just enjoyed drawing. Parts of it were a little complicated, but I think it turned out well.
Below is a drawing from Wednesday of the nose. When thinking of the nose in terms of planes, it was much easier to draw I think. In my first drawing on the top the angle was a little too exaggerated so I drew a second one which I think turned out much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment