Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week Thirteen: Face/Full body

Well, it was our last full week of class and it was packed full of new information. Monday we began by working on the face. We started a drawing of the model's face that was to be completed over the course of the next two classes. Altogether, it would be about a three hour drawing. So, after learning how to draw the eyes, nose, and lips, Monday was the day we began to put it all together. I found this to be very challenging. I needed a lot of placement adjustments, but after Amy's help I got everything in it proper place. The lips were the most difficult for me.
Wednesday we continued our drawings of the face. I had the eyes, nose, and lips in the correct place, so Wednesday I began to darken lines, and draw contour lines to show depth and form. I wasn't completely satisfied with my drawing, but I think I have a much better understanding of the facial features.




Friday we out everything together. I had a lot of fun with this because I have been waiting to draw the entire figure for so long. I was pretty satisfied with my drawing in the end. Below is my drawing from friday which I believe we are continuing to work on during Monday's class.


No comments:

Post a Comment