Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week Seven: FEET

This week we began by working with clay during Monday's class. We worked on building the Extensor Halluas Longus, the Exentsor Digitorum Longus, the Peroneus Tertius, and the Peroneus Brevis. Then, towards the middle of the week we began to work on the muscles of the foot: the Abductor Digiti Minimi and the Extensor Digitorum Brevis.
On Wednesday's class we starting drawing just the feet. We did so in a very primitive way. We were told only to draw the planes of the feet, the top, front, and side planes. I struggled with this approach a little bit. At first it was hard for me to figure out which plane was which. The drawing on the left was one that I thought was fairly accurate. On the right foot in the drawing the top plane is not visible. On the left foot however, all planes are visible although only a small portion of the front plane is.
I am writing this blog before our Friday's class because of my Spring Break Plans, so hopefully in tomorrow's class I get some more practice on this approach towards the feet. As I did more drawings, I did begin to understand the technique. So, I am hoping after tomorrow's session I will have complete confidence in drawing the feet in any position.

No comments:

Post a Comment