Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week Three: Ribs, Abdominals and Glutes

This week we moved from the spinal column down to the ribs and the ab muscles.  I was extremely anxious to move on from the spine. Although I learned a lot from studying the spine, I enjoyed drawing something new. During this week, each day we were instructed to draw the the spine along with the egg shape of the rib cage. Then, as the week drew to a close, we were instructed to draw the ab muscles in addition to the spine and the rib cage.
After this week,  I really am beginning to see the body as many different muscles forming one shape instead of seeing the body as one large mass. Its helpful to be able to observe and study the human form. Having the model right in front of me, constantly changing shape and from keeps me focused and in artistic shape.




Our assignment our this weekend was to build the glute muscles on our mannequin. These muscles included: the gluteus medius, the tensor fasciae latae, and the gluteus maximus. At this point my mannequin has the muscles of the spine, the abdominal muscles and the glute muscles. Now with the glute muscles added to my skeleton, the mannequin looks like this: 

No comments:

Post a Comment