Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week One: Introduction

My name is Lindsay Rupprecht. I have a major in art with a concentration in Graphic Design and a minor in business. I'm from Milwaukee, WI and I am a sophomore at UW Stout. I have taken two drawing classes prior to this class: Drawing One and Drawing Two. I enjoyed both very much. I consider drawing to be one of my strong points as well as one of my hobbies. I chose to take Life Drawing because I enjoy drawing the human form. I find it extremely interesting as well as challenging, which is what I look for in a college-level class. I also went to a couple of open life-drawing sessions in high school and it sparked my interest. I am very excited about this class and expect to learn a lot.
A couple of previous projects from last year and last semester that I am most proud of include: Fashion without Fabric and my group game design. Last year, spring semester of 2010,  I participated in Fashion without Fabric: a fashion show in which art students design outfits made out of anything but fabric. The theme for the show was Heroes v. Villains. So, my partner and I chose to design a costume for a caffeine hero. The name of our hero was Chloe Cappuccino. The costume was made completely out of coffee filters that we dyed with coffee. The necklace was made out of coffee beans and the gloves were made out of coffee cups.



Another  project I enjoyed is my game design from last semester. The project was a group project of four people. The goal of the project was to come up with an idea for a game, then design game pieces, instructions, and a board for the game. We decided as a group to design a form of laser tag called, "Sector Protector". The game included 8 vests (with timers) made out of plastic, 8 goggles, and 8 shooters made out of pvc pipes.                         


No comments:

Post a Comment